TERMS & CONDITIONS
The price of your safari with us has three basic components, and sometimes four, depending on the species you wish to harvest. The three primary components are as follows:
- Daily Rate: this covers your accommodations with daily laundry, food & beverages, transportation cost (hunting vehicle) for each of your hunting days as well as pick-up and drop-off at airport. It also includes the hunting services.
- Trophy Fee: there are no “hunting license fees” or “game tag fees” in South Africa that you must pay up front for the privilege of hunting. Instead, you only pay a trophy fee for each animal you harvest (either kill or wound).
- Elective Non-Hunting Activities: should you elect to participate in selected non-hunting activities that are fee-based then the “per activity fee” associated with the specific elected activity is additional.
As to the possibility of a fourth component of price, if you hunt any CITES designated species* or TOPS species* there is a fee associated with any listed species. These fees are set by relevant agency (CITES for the former, and the provincial Department of Environmental Conservation for the latter.). The fees vary by species.
As to the three enumerated categories of price, as well as the possibility of a fourth, we will quote you those fees in advance of your booking with us. Whether you choose one of our listed Standard Package Safaris, a custom-tailored safari (Custom Safari), or some combination of both, you will know the price of your safari in advance. We have no hidden fees, so once you approve and sign your safari documents the price reflected thereon is what you pay. If you later decide to modify your safari documents by increasing the length of your safari, harvesting more animals, or adding non-hunting activities, then the price will change accordingly.
A monetary deposit is required to secure your booking. The required amount of the deposit is as follows:
- 10% of the total price of the safari, or $1500, whichever figure is greater.
- The full price of any selected non-hunting activities.
- The total of all fees necessary to secure any requisite CITES or TOPS permits.
- 80% of the full price of the safari must have been received at least 60 days in advance of arrival date.
- Balance due upon arrival payable in cash, or credit card.
Advance monetary deposits may be made in cash, or wire transfer. Deposits are non-refundable. We recognize that families are occasionally impacted by unforeseen circumstances, so our policy regarding monetary deposits is that they may be applied to another safari so long as that safari is concluded with 24 months of the date of the original booking.
Certain species are indigenous to certain habitats and nowhere else. Therefore, depending on desired species, vehicular travel to adjacent provinces may be necessary. There is no additional fee for this travel.
Whether you book a Standard Safari Package, or Custom Safari, the following is included:
- Lodging at base camp during the safari.
- Food (3 daily meals prepared by our chef, plus snacks).
- Beverages (bottled water, soft drinks, local beer and wine) in moderation. Hard liquor at cost. Specialty brands require advance notice and payment.
- Ground Transportation from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) to base camp and return (round trip). Parties larger than will necessitate another vehicle and fee.
- Ground Transportation between base camp and local hunting concessions.
- Guide Service of a licensed Professional Hunter (PH), driver, trackers, and skinners.
- Field Preparation of harvested trophy animals, skinning, salting of hides.
- Transportation of salted hides, horns, etc. to local taxidermist or dip & ship facility.
- Daily Laundry Service
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Air travel, accommodations, ancillary travel expense occurring outside the booking dates.
- Air charters. If air charter is desired or required, we will make arrangements on your behalf and advise you of fees in advance for your approval and acceptance.
- Client-elected taxidermy services.
- Disinfecting, crating, freight of taxonomic specimens to client-designated shipping point.
- Client-elected non-hunting activities. If client desires specific activities at time of booking relevant fees will be quoted, and price included in safari documents. Thereafter, no additional fees are incurred unless client adds additional activities.
- Gratuities (at client's election)
- 15% VAT on daily rates (government required value added tax.)
- Use of staff-owned firearms. If desired, fee-based use of staff-owned firearms is available plus, ammunition at cost in full-box increments.
RELEASE & WAIVER
As with any international travel, it is presumed by us that clients will seek the advice of their preferred medical professional before embarking upon an African safari. Hunting and the handling of firearms and archery equipment carry inherent risks. All our hunting vehicles are supplied with well-equipped first aid kits and we are serious about safety. However, we know of no outfitter that guarantees the safety of clients in a hunting environment, and Chacma Hunting Safaris is no different. Accordingly, clients are expected to sign our Release & Waiver in advance of arriving in Republic of South Africa.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Prices are subject to change without notice. Neither prices nor booking dates are guaranteed until the following is received and accepted: by Chacma Hunting Safaris (a) signed set of safari documents, (b) monetary deposit in the required amount.